I’ve been trying to update my website and part of it is a recipe section. Here is one I really like for a different sandwich or appetizer at home or for a party.
Southwest Ham and Cheese Rollups
This is a recipe that’s great for an appetizer or “sandwiches” of a different type.
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 pound shaved ham cut in thin strips
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Fiesta Mix I cut one or the other of these packages in half as it seems a bit salty to me if you don’t. Use the full Fiesta mix if you like more spice
- ½ onion minced optional
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend shredded cheese I usually add more because I like the cheese flavor and texture.
- 2 cans of ripe black olives minced
- 1 package of large flour tortillas
Mix all the ingredients together and spread thinly on tortillas. Roll tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Unwrap and cut into 1” slices. Cover the slices with plastic wrap until serving time. This is a fun food to bring to a potluck as it’s different than the standard fare and easy to make. I have a large Tupperware container I keep them in and just put the plastic wrap in between layers of rollups.