I removed the whiny post because no one likes whining. So, I’ll write a new whiny post.
Here is the update.
1. I am moved. The apartment is still a disaster, but my desk is set up and the computer stuff is hooked up.
2. Big Blue crashed last night and with it all the latest revisions of Paladin. I have hopes it can be restored.
3. Laptop doesn’t recognize Word. When I try to re-register it as it says, it doesn’t recognize the key code that is on a sticker on the bottom. So, no Word.
4. I can open the chapters I saved on the thumb drive on wordpad, but it irks me to no end to work on wordpad.
5. Will is going to Georgia on August 25. They will prepare for deployment from there.
6. The job is not going well at all. Terrible in fact. So Terrible I am seriously thinking of calling in sick tomorrow.
7. I took down all my favorite pictures at work and brought them home in a plastic mailer bag that seals like a Ziploc. This morning I was unpacking that box and discovered the bag was filled with water. How does a sealed bag get a cup of water in it?
8. I’ve been having one of “those” moments about my writing. You know the ones. You wonder if you are really supposed to be writing. You wonder if your story is really any good. You wonder if you should start painting ceramics instead of writing. I’ve been asking for a sign. So far I hear silence. He might be tired of telling me to “write your way out.”
Finally, I read some chapters and realize the story is there and doubt is the enemy.
9. After much deliberations and asking everywhere, the new working title is THOUGH I SHOULD DIE. Gentyl would have been the simplest, but chances are her name is changing soon. I just need to find an appropriate name. There will be a short prologue with the warrior’s prayer. The final line, “Though I should die, yet will I serve.”
10. The name of the series will the KNIGHT’S BLOOD.
11. None of the names matter because they will most likely be changed anyway.